[Ansteorra] Has it become blurry for me?

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 15:35:38 PDT 2007

At 05:10 PM 6/22/2007, you wrote:
> >Has Duke Michael changed his persona or are you talking about his squire?
> >Could you describe his vigil?
> >People Rites of Passages are an opportunity to display historical persona.
> >The current vigil bears no relationship to anything period. We are missing
> >chances to do persona.
> >willow

>Yes so, Could the Right Honorable Chivalry of Ansteorra and Good Mother of
>Namron help their beloved Pooky?
>
>Who have I been mis-ascribing for 20ish years, the memory of a vigil where,
>at this point I'll say "someone", was kneeling in (I believe) Northern
>Ansteorra and behind Him/Her in a half circle there were 30 or so candles
>lit? It was a beautiful moment in time and really conveyed the majesty of
>the moment. Hmm I knew, now Master Daniel Blackaxe at the time so it might
>have only been 17ish years ago...?
>
>It was a highlight in the annuls of my experiences and set me on my path,
>Pooky
>
>P.s. Duke Michael did change his persona, but that's not connected.  I have
>a picture, I have wanted to give Him for 10ish years of Mairin tie-ing His
>boots with Him wearing those more then motley, multi colored, patch work
>pants.

Pooky,

The only vigil that I remember that was like that was Patrick
Michael's which was held at the old Steppes Warlord site (Camp
Barnett??).  He was in a small hall up the hill,  there was a path
formed by a bunch of small candles to where he sat or knelled.  His
armor and other items were arrayed on a table along with a host of candles.

Burke