[Ansteorra] Complete Participant Handbook Rules Revisions

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:50:33 PDT 2007

Ok, I'll add these to the list of changes.  I think my plan is going to be

1. Compile requisite changes over the next few weeks.
2. Bring a line item law change form to Red Tape.
3. Have the crown and seneschal sign those changes there.

JP

On 6/4/07, Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net> wrote:
> As an FYI.
>
> I'm finished with the Siege section and 90% done with combat archery.
>
> I'm tempted to throw out Thrown Weapons and Target Archery (which is
> separate already) and say that we hold to Society standards and the
> Missile Marshal may keep information regarding specific formats and
> reporting in an officer procedural manual.
>
> I then have some minor fixes regarding minors especially in relation to
> the recent policy from the Society Seneschal.
>
> Btw, I'd like to make some suggestions for youth combat.
>
> - Don't call it 'Youth Boffer'. Society calls it youth combat in their
>   manuals, so to distinguish it from Rapier I recommend 'Youth Armored
>   Combat', but the generic "Youth Combat" already used is fine.
>   - I think there is a request from the Society Seneschal to not use
>     boffer and boffing because of the sexual conotations especially
>     given current litigation.
> - Remove restrition on cross age melees. We do it all over the place so
>   we either need to enforce it and stop or change the rule and I'd
>   prefer it to be changed since it's proven safe when done at the
>   standards for the youngest participant.
> - Allow ratan core weapons. It was discussed, tested, and recommended
>   for approval, but I don't think it was finalized.
> - Consistency between minors participating in Armored and Rapier combat.
>   There are *zero* guidelines in the Armored combat on how it happens,
>   and the Rapier has the general procedure and specifics on when the
>   person can and can not fight.
> - Consistency between "designated adult" between Armored and Rapier
>   combat. If I read it right, Rapier requires someone with the notorized
>   form given them responsibility for the weekend and Armored only
>   requires the right authorizations and blue card or minors consistent
>   to participate form.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
> System Engineer, Sr. MTS                           |      Mail Stop 625
>  Pug.Bainter at amd.com      |  pug at pug.net           |  5900 E. Ben White Blvd
>  Phone: (512) 602-0364    |  Fax: (512) 602-6970   |     Austin, TX 78741
> Note: The views may not reflect my employers, or even my own for that matter.

There are no simple answers, but there are many simple questions.