[Ansteorra] Things I have seen

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 18:25:01 PDT 2007

<<AoA distribution has always been something of a mystery to me.  My  oldest
got her's at 13, but loads of folk go years without one, largely because  it is
assumed that they already have one.  I suspect that that is  especially the
problem with people who grew up in the SCA.  Everyone knows  them and no one
thinks to check the OP to see what awards they have  received.
Oriana Corbizzi  >>

  Sometimes the person who knows best what awards someone has or doesn't have...is their significant other, spouse or partner...yet I've often heard they feel it would be inappropriate to submit an award rec for that person as it may appear incorrect.   Submit anyway, or at the very least discuss it with the landed B&B, Court Nobility or Peerage in your area, to find out when the right time is, or what one can do to help the candidate toward the next level.  The Crown or landed B&B still have to approve the award, and even if the answer is 'not yet' at least the idea has been put into their heads.

  For those branches without a landed B&B, remember that the Crown always starts fresh each reign, they don't forward award recs from the prior reign, so submit again.

  As for the kids, I'm thrilled to see more branches develop local kids level awards, one for children, and perhaps one for youths.. so they can begin to gain recognition at the local level and then eventually at the kingdom level with a Rising Star, and onwards.

  Hillary