[Ansteorra] Keeping the Deam Persona articles

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Jun 12 12:39:10 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 04:18:47AM +0000, willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:
> I am hoping you are right. I was told he died Jan. 1 2007. Duke
> Cariadoc is really a very important person to the soul of Ansteorra.
> Just after he had finish the first Pennsic War. The war he created
> he took a trip throughout the known world to fight with the
> Champions of the Known World. My Teacher Ulrich of Wolf Haven was
> the acknowledged Champion of the Southern regions. They fought.
> My Teacher beat him with many weapon form only losing to dagger
> against sword and shield. After the fights I sat at his feet and
> asked him about the SCA. He filled my head with the Dark Horde and
> his adventures with him. He told me about starting Pennsic and all
> the stories around the world. He wove a wonderful dream of persona
> and magic. I was filled with dreams. When I came to The region that
> would be known as Anteorra the people asked me what was the SCA
> about and I told them what Duke Caridoc had told me. I also told
> them what my teacher Ulrich of Wolfhaven had told me. I told them
> what I liked about Meridis and then because I didn't like what
> Meridis was doing on some subject I Lied. That and the Coropora
> is what we based many of the ideals and concepts that make up
> Ansteorra.
>
> willow

It gives me great pleasure to acquaint Your Grace, and to inform the
rest of the populace, that rumors of the death of His Grace Cariadoc
of the Bow are _greatly_ exaggerated.

This just came into my mailbox in response to a query:

: I am, indeed, alive and well.
: --
: David/Cariadoc
: www.daviddfriedman.com

Long may he be alive and well.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO