[Ansteorra] "direputable"

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 17:50:17 PDT 2007

Your Grace,

This time...

I believe in giving the deference to the station
and the respect to the person...

but yes you are a "human" too...
and discourse with you on this list...is definitley at that level

but he touts his SCA "station" in every e-mail...
proclaims loudly and boldly that he's the King's man -a personna thing-
but in giving you respect per personna -as the duchess you are-
and due your vast years of experience
he falls greatly short and it's tiresome to watch...

and he just happens to be the current offender
in a long list of them on this list...
and an easy example...

L DeerSlayer

"willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com> wrote: And personally I find it ABSOLUTELY OFFENSIVE that
a self proclaimed OFFICER of the ANSTEORRAN NAVY
would proclaim himself a PIRATE...and fight about it on a public forum
with one of our Duchesses... man... did you fall off the clue bus...

L DeerSlayer

Are you talking about here and now or some other time?
Everyone I think of this forum as an "out of persona" situation. Unless someone gives me the heads up with some form of formal greeting I think we are just people talking about what we do in our favorite club. I love the game of the SCA. I love playing my role but that role of Duchess is just that. I play my part and you play your part and we make the Magic of the kingdom of Ansteorra. When I am doing business at business meetings or discussing something off stage I am just me. I am just another member of the club no better or no worse. I feel my years in the SCA and my success may earn me a little respect but my title do not.
I have seen in groups that don't really play persona the blending of the titles and rank of the games affecting the working relationships of people in the organization the SCA. I prefer a clean differencing of the Historical Game we try to recreate and pins and needles working part of how we make things happen. I like to be On-stage or Off-stage. Right now I am Off Stage.
Viscountess Megan--Lion of Ansteorra has a saying, "You can either talk about persona or be in persona. You can not do both."
Willow or if you prefer
Lanphier Taylor