[Ansteorra] Persona swearing

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 12:38:22 PDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Susan McMahill wrote:

> There is also a book by Geoffrey Hughes called Swearing: A Social
> History of Foul Language, Oaths, and Profanity in English that is
> quite informative. I was surprised at how modern most of our swear
> words are and how swearing changed when Protestantism rose.
>
> Lyneya de Grey

There is also this file in the UNCATALOGUED section of the
Florilegium, although from the above messages, perhaps I ought to
move this to the PERSONA section:
p-swears-msg      (48K)  9/ 1/99    Period swears, oaths and insults.
                                        euphemisms.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/p-swears-msg.html

Stefan
--------