[Ansteorra] info on courtesy

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 16:24:52 PDT 2007

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:15:09 GMT
From: "willowdewisp at juno.com"
Subject: [Ansteorra] info on courtesy
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

Dear Folks
I need help. I was looking for a good SCA site on Courteies use in the SCA and I haven't found anything really useful. Have any you found a site easy to read that I could give out to newcomers?
willow

Your Grace,
Other than Stephen's Florigeum, I thought I had remembered seeing some publications by the SCA.  When I went hunting, I find that the information is extremely basic and very scant.

Might I suggest that Your Grace write up some of the finer points of good manners, courtesies, and chivalry.  Perhaps this would be a good topic for an article for Tournament's Illuminated or even a Compleat Anachronist publication.  I would be delighted to offer my services in assisting in such a project and milord husband, Master Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay, has offered to proof read and edit any such work.

Are you up for this?  Perhaps there are others who would like to assist in this project and try to bring some of the magic back to SCA events by encouraging the courtesies and chivaltry of the middle ages.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde leanbh a Úna
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
V-Scribe Canton of Skorragardr
Deputy Northern Regional Scribe
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock