[Ansteorra] Opinions on tent

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 16:00:11 PST 2007

On Mar 4, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Ruh wrote:

> I seem to have left out a key point in my previous question.  The
> tent that we purchase must do double duty for both SCA and Mundane
> camping for a while.  Eventually we hope to purchase a period tent,
> but it will have to wait.  And no, we don't want to go hunting in
> Panther oval marquee.  I know, I know, that's just horrible, but
> there you have it.
>
> Edith

Ah, yes... you don't want to mess up the period (modern period)
encampment theme when you go hunting, by showing up with a Medieval/
Renaissance period tent. The deer would likely be highly offended. ;-)

Seriously, if you're camping alone it shouldn't matter. And if you're
camping with others, it *could* be interpreted as "extra cool" (as
opposed to "weird and geeky"). If nothing else, it might get them to
ask about your hobby. :-)

Michael