[Ansteorra] I-10 through Houston this weekend

Sandra Jakl kieralady2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 12:49:14 PST 2007

For the Gulf war bound:

(Houston) - This coming weekend, starting 9 PM, March 9 until 5 AM, Monday, March 12 Texas
Department of Transportation’s contractor, Williams Brothers Construction will totally close the mainlanes
I-10/Katy Freeway eastbound and westbound from Eldridge Parkway to SH-6. Traffic will be detoured to
the respective eastbound and westbound frontage roads. The I-10 mainlanes are being closed for
construction activities associated with the demolition of the now out-of-service T-Ramp to METRO’s
Addicks Park & Ride. Additional closures associated with this work include:
• Total closure of the I-10/Katy Freeway westbound frontage road between Eldridge
Parkway and SH-6 on Monday, March 12 from 9 PM to 5 AM. Motorists will be
detoured onto the I-10 westbound mainlanes via the Dairy Ashford entrance ramp.
• Total Closure of I-10/Katy Freeway eastbound between Eldridge Parkway and SH-6
beginning 9 PM Friday, March 16 to 5 AM Monday, March 19 and 9 PM Friday,
March 23 to 5 AM Monday, March 26. Detour via the I-10 eastbound frontage road.
Please note that all closures are subject to change due to inclement weather. For more information on
the Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program, including up to date information regarding other lane
closures along the I-10 corridor, please visit the Katy Freeway website at www.katyfreeway.org or
contact the Katy Freeway Public Information Office at 281-589-5924.