[Ansteorra] Semi-OT question... advice sought on vehicles suitible for Ansteorra camping events...

Haraldr Bassi (ansteorra lists) ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Tue Mar 13 18:28:18 PDT 2007

Bulgarelli Maria wrote:
> LOL ok I have to agree with the outrunning tornados
> part.

OK... that's two references... someone needs to tell me a story :)

> Seriously though, I have a Honda CR-V with that real
> time 4 wheel drive that's really AWD and I haven't had
> any problems with getting to and from events.

That's what I've been wondering... I don't want the mpg hit of a full time AWD
like what is on our Town and Country nor my wife's Matrix when we won't need
that for normal day to day driving. But in a dedicated use it only for towing a
trailer or for events where more stuff is required, then a truck with available
4WD is a possibility and sounds like it might be a decent idea.

> As far as 4WD is concerned, if you're going to go to
> Gulf Wars at some point, I'd suggest it for that.
>>From what I understand the site is still a little
> rough since Hurricane Katrina.

OK...

> If you have any other questions or want more
> information on the Houston area, let me know.  I'm the
> previous Hospitaler for the Barony down here and
> possibly the current, I haven't heard yet if I still
> have the job.

I will be in Bjornsborg but information on other areas in general is always
welcome. I am sure I will find myself all over the kingdom in short order.

Haraldr