[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 12

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Sat Mar 17 06:08:01 PDT 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 12 - March 9-17, 2007*__*
*_ _*
Renaissance Festival Honors Middle Ages
<http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070316/NEWS01/703160346/1002>*_
Hattiesburg American, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
After one of the battles on Thursday afternoon, warrior Lucian Provost
from Arkansas walked off the field while mopping the sweat streaming
down his face. "I got killed in the push," he said. He was knocked out
of the physical challenge but enjoyed the realism of the match. "The
hair on my neck stands up when I hear the men yell, 'Charge!'" Provost
said about the realism of the battles.
_*History Lesson That Sticks
<http://www.gazette.com/onset?id=20239&template=article.html>*_
Colorado Springs Gazette, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Alan Tegen, aka Albert von Dreckenveldt, says he likes to play in the
Middle Ages. He has served as king in two North American kingdoms, and
the license plate on his Ford Aerostar reads "Da Duke." But this retired
royal wants to live in 2007.  "I like flush toilets," he said.

*/_Fun link of the week_/**  What's Your Medieval Weapon Test:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=13041258601865034957*

*/_Video of the week_/*  *Medieval Tech Support**:
http://www.flixxy.com/medieval-tech-support.htm***
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiaq_dFpviM>*
*
/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/