[Ansteorra] "Imperial Rome" - exhibit at Houston Museum of Nat'l Science

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 14:46:14 PDT 2007

Greetings,
When planning to attend the Stargate region in the next few months, you may want to include a stop
at the Houston Museum of Nat'l Science exhibit on "Imperial Rome", open from February 23 - July
29, 2007.

Check out the website at:
http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/Imperial_Rome.asp?r=1&terms=

Synopsis:
Explore the magnificence of Imperial Rome during its reign as the dominant political, economic and
military power of the western civilized world. Take a glimpse into life during the Roman Empire
from 27 BC to the middle of the third century AD as you encounter objects related to elaborate
banquets, Roman baths, religious beliefs, public ceremonies, successful trade systems and powerful
emperors. Hundreds of artifacts, including ancient ceramics, terracottas, portraits, reliefs,
sarcophagi, urns, jewelry, and bronze and marble statues, reveal the brilliance of Roman art and
culture while showcasing the Roman influences still prevalent in modern society.

Take a look at the 'Press Room' tab for more images of the artifacts.
I highly encourage spending the extra $1 service fee (if there is one) to purchase tickets online
by day and entry time.  It will save you a lot of time when you go to the exhibit.
I may be going this weekend, so will try to give a review of the exhibit later.
Cheers, Hillary