[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 11, Issue 21

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:29:24 PDT 2007

At 07:30 PM 3/19/2007, you wrote:
> >Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:33:15 GMT
> >From: "willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com>
> >Subject: [Ansteorra] need info for demo
> >To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
> >
> >Jonathan and I are doing our duty. Working at the All-Con demo.
> They have asked me to do
> >something about early SCA history. I know Stargate became a barony
> in 1973 and shortly after
> >Steppes became a Shire. Did Richard Mont-Royal ( the short)  have
> anything to do with the
> >founding of Stargate?
> >willow
>
>Willow,
>I'm not familiar with Richard Mont-Royal's name in relation to the
>history of Stargate's founding.
>  But I will pass your inquiry along to Mstr. Annes, Stargate
> Historian, and to Baroness Phillippa
>Rookhaven, a holder of memory from those days.   Perhaps they can answer.

I don't *think* Duke Richard had anything to do with the founding or
Stargate, but that happened a couple of years before I joined (and I
remember Philippa as a newcomer. <G>) I'd suggest asking Mistress
Shanahan or possibly Master Telbyrne or Mistress Janet--their
memories stretch back farther than mine.

         -Tivar Moondragon