[Ansteorra] Armor Clarifications

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:39:19 PDT 2007

I'll be adding this to next Months Black Star Report (May) but I wanted to
get these clarifications from problems at war out into the populace.

Regarding Gorgets and neck protection:

#1) If it's metal, it does not have to be padded.
#2) If it's an aventail or camail, and it doesn't touch your larynx or spine
(C7 vertebrae or above) while hanging down, it does not have to be padded.
#3) If it's an aventail or camail, and it *does* touch your larynx or spine
(C7 vertebrae or above) while hanging down, it does have to have 1/4" of
padding on those areas.
#4) Leather gorgets require 1/4" of padding.

Regarding demi-gauntlets:
#1) They do no have to be padded.

Those seemed to be the major issues, and I'll post if any other ones crop
up.

Jean Paul

--
There are no simple answers, but there are many simple questions.