[Ansteorra] You Gotta Be Crazy

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Wed Mar 21 18:10:11 PDT 2007

Well, maybe not. But it doesn't hurt to be a little bit.... Cracked ;)

Yes, Cracked Anvil will be here soon  In less than 25 days, the Shire of Smythkepe will host its annual "fun" event. We have lots of activities planned including a Loot Tourney for the Heavy Weapons fighters,  a Pas d'Arms and a Snowball Tourney for the Rapier Fighters, a Triathlon,  Children's Activities (including a Pirate Treasure Hunt as well as making their own lunches), classes, A&S (an Open Static Competition as well as a Kingdom Regalia Competition, and so much more.

You want merchants? We have merchants! All the Trimmings (trims, buttons, tapestries), That Special Touch (garb and leather items) and several more (hey,  I'm not going to name them all... you have to come see for yourself).

And lest we forget,  a sumptuous feast prapared by Smythkepe's own  James Cooke the Sinister:  Alphabet Meatball Soup, Apple Mash, Smoked Brisket,  Smoked Pork with Apple Jelly and much more.

This year's site is the Shoal Creek Methodist Youth Camp near New Blaine, Arkansas.

So, how much for this extravaganza? A paltry $19 covers the whole weekend (yes, I said the WHOLE WEEKEND) or $15 for Children under 12.  And this includes cabin space for up to 100 people!  Unlimited camping space is also available... just don't camp on the List Field ;)  A list of area hotels is also available on our webpage.

AND, as a special bonus, if you pre-reserve by March 23 you can save $3 off the cost of the event.

For more information, please see our web page at  http://smythkepe.org/cracked.htm  or contact the Autocrat Ld Dante de Piro (mka Gene Hester) ghester at newedgenetworks.com .

Reservations may be sent directly to the Reservationist: Sherry Hester  309 N Waldron Rd Fort Smith, AR  72903  Please make checks payable to SCA Inc -Shire of Smythkepe. Please include SASE or e-mail address if you would like confirmation.

NO checks will be accepted at the door.

You'd be crazy to miss this event ;)