[Ansteorra] Founding of Stargate

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 12:19:21 PDT 2007

Greetings,
As Willow has posed a few questions about the history of the Barony of Stargate, first in
Ansteorra, I did a bit of digging and found this 'Ballad of Stargate' that was sent to Maureen of
Westgate by a former Stargater, Terry Lambert(whose SCA name I unsure of).

I admit I'm a bit confused by Terry's list of founders, as I thought Bran de Tintrek was one of
the founding members, but don't see his name on the list unless he went by a different name then,
will have to ask him.

I was also told years past by Bran, who was the first Stargate Herald, I believe; that the reason
we have a 9-pointed star is due to the nine founding members. Terry says "I don't know why T'Pell
didn't have her name on the ballad as a founding member".  Bran had told me that T'Pell would not
send in a paid-membership for whatever reason, so they could not count her as a founder tho they
tried to convince her to member-up; but if they had there would have been 10 members, and we would
have had a 10 pointed star.

Bran also said the reason Stargate's device colors are black and white, was in part due to the
fact that color copiers were very expensive, not available to the common folk, so with our device
in black and white - toner worked just fine to make our newsletters and flyers heraldically
correct without having to add in colors.

I hope you enjoy it and for those ole' timers the names will bring back memories,
Hillary Greenslade (of Stargate)