[Ansteorra] Hard hitters (was Re: Armor inspections at GulfWars)

SirRey sirrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:35:04 PDT 2007

We believe "directed touch" to mean any shot moving into the face.  It
must have positive force but it doesn't have to be as hard as say a
leg shot.

We have open faced helms (the Chain Drape hasn't really caught on
here).  Thrust are suppose to be touch to the face. If I touch your
grill with a thrust then it's a kill.  If I have to push in far enough
to reach your face which may be 4-6" farther back it's going to be
more than a touch.

Rey

That "directed touch" statement is read by some to mean any deliberate shot
to the face that touches the grill. In accordance with the standards,
however, a thrust to the face that just reaches far enough to tough the
grill without being hard enough to impart any momentum to the recipient's
helm is a thrust that never would have reached the face if the grill had not
been present. I don't know what your knight had in mind, Bors, but I teach
my squires to take shots according to the armor standard.

En Lyonel