[Ansteorra] regarding improvements to Gulf War site

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 19:38:40 PDT 2007

I don't know if this has been addressed....cause I haven't read all the messages...
but...

remember too that any improvements on the site affect the yearly municipal taxes on the site... for any of you who have improved your house and land...
you know how quickly the things you do to make your property better
are reflected with and increase in taxes...sometimes substantially...

and putting the kind of improvements that some gentle suggested...

would highly increase his yearly taxes which would increase the amount WE and OTHER groups pay for the site...and will probably end up pricing smaller groups out and even smaller local SCA events out of the site... as well as church groups, campfire girls, civil war groups, etc... which will lower his profits and in turn require him to raise the fee for the site even more...

it becomes a vicious cycle...

and when he prices us out...he will be left with land that will be difficult to re-convert to aggricultural use...

L DeerSlayer

zubeydah at northkeep.org wrote: Quoting Laetitia :
> I believe you will find that the SCA and/or Kingdom rules forbid
> improvements to privately owned property  to be funded with official
> SCA funds because it is a solution that would jeopardize the SCA's
> status as a 501(c)3 and, depending on Texas law, the non-profit
> status of the group as well

Ah, gotcha. Okay. I was thinking something along the lines of how the
Ansteorran Gate was built, with private donations gathered from each group.
Like the initial post said, I wasn't sure if it was a complete HBI (hare-
brained idea) or not.. :)

Thank you for the thoughtful responses thus far.

-Zubeydah