[Ansteorra] Semi-OT question... advice sought on vehicles suitible for Ansteorra camping events...

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 14:04:24 PDT 2007

Weelll..for most events, a pickup with a camper is fine.  I can remember a couple of events in Ravensfort, however, that a 4x4 was the only thing pulling people out.<G>  Mundanely that's Huntsville.  If you plan to go to Steppes Warlord (held in Canton every year), you should get something that can outrun a tornado and convert to a boat.  Other than that, you should be fine with whatever...LOL.
  gwyneth

"Haraldr Bassi (ansteorra lists)" <ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org> wrote:
  As many of you know, I will be relocating to Ansteorra later this month. As part
of my relocation I am re-evaluating all of our current vehicles. One possible
variation is to obtain a pickup truck specific for use to go to and from camping
events as there seems to be many more opportunities in Ansteorra than in the
East to go camping. However, I am unsure if I should get a 4x4 option on the truck.

In the East it's a no brainer, of course I get it, but for your environment I am
a total novice. Are there camping event sites in the winter months where the
weather gets things so muddy that a 4x4 is highly advised? I know I don't want
my current AWD vehicles and hope to liquidate them up here where they are likely
to have better resale values. But would appreciate advice on conditions in
Ansteorra.

Thanks in advance,
Haraldr Bassi