[Ansteorra] Armor inspections at Gulf Wars

Chris Birdwell angusmgunn at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 07:41:57 PDT 2007

My lady,

  The things you describe are over the top when it comes to melee combat. I have been to Gulf Wars several years now and I have to say that this was one of the most intense I have seen, especially on the fields of armored combat. However, your descriptions of this being a one sided issue are entirely out of line in my opinion. I was hit harder, repeatedly after being dead, and from behind more times in that one week than I had in the previous years put together.
    To indicate that the force levels and level of intensity of this war was entirely the doing of Ansteorra is not a fair assessment of this situation. If this war was more rough upon the field than in years past then I believe that falls onto the shoulders of all involved. This opinion is mine and reflects no one else's experiences save mine.

  Thank you,

  Centurion Angus Gunn
  Squire to Sir Casius Lepus
  Commander BorderGuard

djmccreary at peoplepc.com wrote:
  My husband was the one knocked unconcious for a bit, and yes, as soon as we got him off the field we drove into town. Yes, he did have a concussion, luckily it was minor and other than a few hours of his eyes not tracking, extreame sleepiness, and major ringing in his ears, there were no long term severe damages. We live in Trimaris now, but I still subscribe to this list because I used to live in Ansteorra and often like to hear whats going on with old friends. Trimaris also suffered a broken hand, the marshals inspected the gauntlet and determined it was not at fault. We also had several people continuosly hit after being on the ground on their back, to the point that they were unable to stand. Spearmen had spears broken while they were on the ground to keep them from being able to rejoin the battles. I want you all to understand, that even after my husband being given a concussion by a hit with excessive force, I still stood up for Ansteorrra as my old home, but I must
 say, that if what I saw this week at GW was less than normal to most of you, I am glad I moved to Trimaris. In the 5 years I have lived in Trimaris, the worst injury Ive seen come off the field was a broken tooth due to improper equipment.

We told the Ansteorran marshals that all we requested was that the gentleman who knocked Derek out find him during the week and apologize, we were given the option of asking that he be pulled from fighting for the week and felt that wasnt necessary. Unfortunantly, we were told the gentleman didnt feel the need to apologize. I also tracked down a few Ansteorrans I knew from my time in your Kingdom and was told that Derek and a few others were targeted because of their persona choice. I am truly shocked if that is the case, Derek wears Japanese armor, and the way his helm is designed, there are three overlapping layers of steel. I truly believe that if he had been wearing a conventional european helm, his injuries would have been far far worse. Those three layers of steel were dented in flat.

Once again, for the first time, I am truly glad to live in Trimaris, for I am overly embarrased to be a formar member of Ansteorra.

Ghita

No trees were killed in the sending of this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.