[Ansteorra] SCA, the ADA, and all of us

Chass charinthalis at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 25 10:19:44 PDT 2007

     The A.D.A. is exactly what I think it is, it is a law that is
supposed to gurantee EQUAL ACCESS and EQUAL ENJOYMENT. Having said that
I have been asked to contact the Department of Tourism and talk to my
friend here in Oklahoma (by the way which is where Admiral Haddock lives
and he said Northern Region not north Texas). This is something simple
you could do...... but I have agreed to do it so I can get you a list of
sites. Yes some sites have restrictions and some are more costly. Let me
point something out to you I tried to do here in the north to deaf ears.
They scream and holler a site has to allow Horsie events. The event they
were defending I counted the horses.. 4. Only 4 horses. And supposedly
that was a BIG turn out. Most Horse runners show up alone or as a
couple. Then I counted the people in wheelchairs (most having to have to
get help to get around the site sucks), there were 8 people in
wheelchairs. People who use wheelchairs usually travel with a group of
people so as to make sure they can get around (which shouldn't have to
happen but it does). Hmm so to make 4 people happy they thumbed their
nose at around 25 people. I know my group wont go to an event without
me... that knocks out about (give or take because of work) 10 people at
any given time mayhaps more.

     I didn't say it was not difficult to find sites... but it does take
looking, which is what we are complaining about. Even when sites are
offered they are not looked into. How do I know you may ask. I call and
talk to the sites before I offer them up and when I call back and ask if
anyone from the SCA had called and get a NO......

Chass Brown A.K.A.

Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.

Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.

Muddeler of Mead