[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars Profits was Re: New Trend flyer apology

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 25 12:36:10 PDT 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Chass wrote:

> I recant ok... He is making a reasonable (read good here) profit
> how is
> that? Now that we are done splitting hairs on that one statement
> can we
> get back to the meat of the original discussion? Like why has he not
> bothered to update the site with non-skid pathways so people don't get
> stuck?

Chass, In general I support improving handicapped access when it can
be done in a reasonable compromise with the other issues involved. It
does not, or should not, trump all other concerns.

1) Let's take this issue back to the other thread, where it belongs.

2) "upgrade the site with non-skid pathways"? You've got to be
kidding. But alas, I suspect you aren't. Most of the roads and
pathways there are  dirt and gravel. When it rains they are going to
get muddy. While you could pave the place with asphalt, at a great
expense in both initial outlay and maintenance, more important to me
and I suspect others, would be a loss of atmosphere. If I want to go
to a Ren Fair or Disney Land, I will go there instead of Gulf Wars.

I suspect there are ways to accommodate those with disabilities
without going to such extremes. If indeed folks did bypass the lady
that had the stuck wheelchair then we need to work on that. If she
refused help or didn't ask for it, then that also needs to be worked
on. It might not have been apparent to some that she was having any
problems, especially if she was talking to someone else. Folks might
have felt she was simply stopped and talking not realizing she was
stuck.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas