[Ansteorra] New Trend flyer apology

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Sun Mar 25 12:39:45 PDT 2007

Chass wrote:
>      Actually here in the Northern Region I have given a list of
> Handicapped accessible sites to almost all the groups. These are
> approved and inspected A.D.A. Compliant sites. Most are cheaper, better
> condition and allow more than the sites still used today. Guess what,
> not a single site I have listed has ever been inspected for use,
> followed up for use or used. Its not that its lack of sites its lack of
> drive and want to... it's the "Well we have used this site for forever
> and no one has said anything" mentality.

Chass my friend,

You continue to say that none of the sites on your list have ever been
inspected for use or followed up on, but this is not true.  In fact we
have actually held events at some of these sites.  I listed the sites
you sent me below.

Lake Eufaula State Park (SP)
Arrowhead State Park (SP)
Lake Wister State Park (SP)
Robbers Cave State Park (SP)
Lake Murray State Park (SP)
Black Mesa State Park & Nature Preserve (SP)
Boiling Springs State Park (SP)
Roman Nose Resort Park (SP)

Of those sites I know that we (the groups in the Northern Region) have
actually held events at both Roman Nose and Lake Murray.  In fact we
used Lake Murray at the Beltane my Lady and I autocrated a couple of
years ago.  For this year's Beltane, we are using Will Rodgers Boy Scout
Camp, which has electric and Handicap accessible facilities.  We are not
the only group that uses this camp.  From what I can tell, your main
complaint seems to be with Camp Cimarron, but most of the groups have
stopped using it except as a last resort.  My main problem with your
statement is that it implies that no one is doing anything to find
better sites, when in fact, we have a number of people doing just that
and we are USING those sites.  I hope that you will take a moment to
recognize the work that IS being done to find better sites and the fact
that groups are using them.

In Service,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron