[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars Profits was Re: New Trend flyer apology

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.com
Sun Mar 25 21:49:47 PDT 2007

Chass wrote:

>I recant ok... He is making a reasonable (read good here) profit how is
>that? Now that we are done splitting hairs on that one statement can we
>get back to the meat of the original discussion? Like why has he not
>bothered to update the site with non-skid pathways so people don't get
>stuck?
>
>Chass Brown A.K.A.
>
>Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
>
>Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
>
>Muddeler of Mead

Let's do some math:
$50*3000= $150,000
SCA direct expenses, direct costs to King's Arrow, profit to sponsoring
group, amortised costs to King's Arrow facility,  taxes, etc.
Profit  margin of 5%  to King's Arrow ( my estimate is on the high side,
probably closer to 2 % of gate, but we'll go with 5%)
$7,500
Non skid pathways,4' wide, properly mounded gravel, $2000 per mile
Same in asphalt   $3500 per mile
Same in simple concrete   $4000 per mile
Same in nicely patterned simulated cobblestone/paving blocks  concrete
$6000 per mile

Miles of pathways needed go from major camping areas to list fields,
barns, merchants row, etc., minimum of 3 miles, up to
3 times that to run paths to all camping areas.

Minimum $6000, up to $72,000.