[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars Profits was Re: New Trend flyer apology

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:42:48 PDT 2007

At 12:54 PM 3/26/2007, you wrote:
>     Ok you want to do a little math here we go (by the way Gravel is
>considered a nonskid pathway). Let's use your estimate for gravel $2000
>per mile. At 3 miles is $6000, lets add another $1000 because every so
>far they have to have a 6 foot turn around spot, $7000, Divided up
>between 15 years = $466 per year and its able to used as a tax write off
>in most cases. Its not like they have not had time to use funds to make
>the changes. Places have used this kind of defense all along and SCOTUS
>slaps them down saying if you had spread it out over the years given to
>date it wouldn't have cost this much. Again there is tons of supporting
>case law on this. Now having said that... did you forget merchants in
>your quotes there for their profit? Or their on site store?

I don't know how much money the King's Arrow Ranch on-site store
makes during Gulf War, but the SCA merchants don 't enter into the
picture at all.

According to http://www.gulfwars.org/MERCHANT_PACKET.pdf  merchants
have to pay the same site fees as everybody else who goes to Gulf
War. In addition, they are charged ten cents per square foot of space
they occupy (i.e. a 10 x 20 tent would have 200 square feet and cost
$20.00) a fifteen dollar processing fee and another ten dollars if
they want  electricity. That money goes to SCA-Gulf Wars, not King's Arrow.

You also made a comment earlier about all profits from the merchants
going to the site owner. That's absurd. Why would a merchant bother
to show up and sell their wares if all the money the made went to
King's Arrow? That doesn't make any kind of business sense; they
might as well just *give* the stuff away.

         -Tivar Moondragon