[Ansteorra] regarding improvements to Gulf War site

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 26 20:13:51 PDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Faelan Caimbeul wrote:

> It can be done, BUT
>
> We should have a looooong term agreement to get use of the site. I
> heard
> that Border March basically has a 99 year lease on their castle's
> land so
> that they can use it every year. Pensic, likewise. There are legal
> protections in place so that we don't spend all this money and they
> get
> shafted. These securities need to be in place before we bother
> raising money
> for something we can't do. Of course, it could be used for other
> things.

How is this different for the amenities that Chass is asking for
compared to all the expenditure and effort that has gone into the
Ansteorra and other gates and permanent structures such as the tavern
and the Early Period Encampment(s)?  So, it can obviously be handled.

Not that I don't understand your concerns. Bryn Gwlad was using a
site in southwest Austin for several years, and put a tremendous
amount of sweat equity and some money into improving the site, then
the owner simply decided not to let use continue to use the site. I
still taken advantage of it that situation.

> Forget it, go raise money, we can always find a use for it, but we
> need to
> protect the Kingdom from loosing the investment of our people.

Since the money can't go through the SCA coffers, I think the Kingdom
is taken care of in this. The investment by the Gentles of Ansteorra,
and their money is a separate matter.

> Other than that I think it's a great idea, but when would the
> improvements
> be made, during war? Would we have a working party there to do it
> for us,
> what?

Good questions. A goodly part of our kingdom is ten or more hours
from Gulf Wars. A bit of a drive for a weekend fix-it-up party.

> Faelan

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas