[Ansteorra] The Tudors on yahoo

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:38:57 PDT 2007

I watched the first two episodes in preview and can't wait for the rest of
it. I think the second episode will appeal more to the SCA aesthetic because
it includes an "event". I wrote a quick review for the Bryn Gwlad list so I
won't go into all of it here, but the second episode includes the creation
of the "Palace of Illusion" which was constructed for the summit meeting of
the King of France and Henry. It was constructed of painted canvas and 2x4s.
Then there is the scene showing them breaking it all down that was sooo
reminiscent of a Sunday at an SCA event. The interior rooms of the palace
seem to have been formed by hanging painted(?) tapestries. Although, it was
confusing because the King's bedroom seemed pretty solid to me. Maybe he was
sleeping in a nearby manor and the "palace" was just used during the day.
Anyway, very enjoyable and makes me want to create a Tudor outfit.

On another note, I've heard that they have started filming "The Other Boleyn
Girl" starring Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johannson. It seems that we are
in for a "Tudor Invasion".

Ysabeau