[Ansteorra] Vigils for White Scarves

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 10:50:35 PDT 2007

I would not call it the norm but some do.  Don Ansgar did.
  gwyneth

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace <sirlyonel at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Salut cozyns,

An interesting thread was initiated on the SCA Chivalry list in response to
the first member of the Order of the Western White Scarf. Apparently that
gentleman sat a vigil. From an historical perspective, anyone can choose to
hold a vigil prior to any major life change, but I began wondering about
former and current practices here.

Do candidates for the White Scarf in Ansteorra ever hold vigils? If yes, is
this the norm or a rare event?

Merces.

En Lyonel
Impedimentum via est