[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Genevria di Betto genevria at cox.net
Sun May 13 08:01:51 PDT 2007

I have a close family member who was molested twice as a child.  Both of
those men were in long term marriages and had children of their own.  One
was a retired grandfatherly type, and the other was the father of her best
friend.

I know we all like to think we know how to keep our kids safe and that this
would never happen to us, but it is not true.  The best we can do is take as
many precautions as possible.

I do not know these parents, so maybe they are just out for the money, but
maybe they are just acting out of fear and anger.  It is natural to want to
strike out when you or a loved one has been hurt so deeply.  This family
needs our prayers and sympathy; not our condemnation.  Perhaps we should
take this opportunity to examine our policies and how they are implemented.
Do our policies protect the children, or just the SCA?

Genevria, formerly known as Dagmar