[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Sun May 13 08:17:35 PDT 2007

May I offer an alternative theory?

First, I absolutely agree with the idea that parents need to be cautious
and that the "two deep" safety rule is an excellent rule to protect
everyone.

now, my point: I do not necessarily believe that the parents of these
victims are maliciously looking to line their pockets, or that they
think of the SCA as a "pay day" opportunity.
They are hurt, and their children are injured in horrific ways. Hurt
people lash out, both physically and emotionally.

Perhaps, just perhaps, these people want to inflict pain and loss out of
a sense of justice, or retribution for the perceived wrongs of the SCA.

I'm not defending anyone, and yes, maybe these people are looking to pay
off their houses and cars...We don't know.  I just don't think its
productive to paint them in a selfish and self serving light like this.
This whole episode is one big mess. Pointing fingers now doesn't do
anything except maybe paint us in a bad like.

Not looking to pick an fight, just hopefully adding to the topic.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk.