[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Bulgarelli Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 13 21:22:57 PDT 2007

Ok.  I've kept quite through this but I can't anymore.

I'm not sure how many people in Ansteorra know the
geographical area we are talking about but I certainly
do.  I lived in the Philadelphia area for the first 31
years of my life.  Philadelphians (and those in the
areas around the city) have the strange idea that they
are owed things.  I don't really know why, because I
never had that attitude.

I can answer one question though.  Why did the parents
wait so long to file a suit?  Well there's this thing
called the statute of limitations.  This is the
attitude in a litigious society.  Get what you can
from one party and then go for another and keep going
til you've gotten as much as you can, no matter what.
Let's face it.  You get too many people in one place,
they start suing each other.  That's what we have in
these times - a litigious society.

Here's the deal and most of this has been said before.

1 - the SCA has deeper pockets than the
accused/convicted. (as someone has already said)
2 - The parents are probably more pissed at themselves
than anyone else because they didn't keep an eye on
their kids and make sure who they were spending time
with (as someone else has said)
3 - they live in a society where litigation is the
quickest way to get results - doesn't mean they will
feel any better (which I believe someone else implied)

I guess the question is what's a kids psyche worth?
How much are they actually suing for?  Cause
apparently that's the going rate for a kid's emotional
future.

Makes you think doesn't it?

Maria