[Ansteorra] Vigils was: Vigils for White Scarves

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Tue May 8 09:06:10 PDT 2007

As Xene said, she and Llewellyn spent some time alone with each other
and in chapel before they became landed Baron and Baroness. I think that
is a perfect time to sit a traditional vigil, to seek peace, advice and
contemplate what you are about to do. The job begs for it for the sanity
and success of both the members of the barony and those about to take
the coronets.

I'd like to see more landeds do this. Also more Bridegrooms. I wish it
was not so exclusively associated with peerages in the SCA and this
kingdom.

I do not see it as necessary for the job of a Laurel or Pelican as those
are such individual journies. But the celebrations we have come to do as
part of or the whole of some vigils are richly deserved and to be
continued for the pleasure we all get in celebrating our friend's
accomplishments.

Claire