[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 20:27:51 PDT 2007

Another article said these children spent the night at his house.  Much as I
love the friends I have made in the SCA, I am pretty particular where my
kids spend the night.

As far as SCA activities, I have always camped with my children and family,
and at youth activities there is always more than one adult.  And they are
in the open, during the day at scheduled events.  I also thought that any
SCA "sanctioned" event could not be at a personal residence.  I guess I am
hard pressed to see where this is the SCA's fault.  Back ground checks could
help, as a Den Mother in the Boy Scouts we had to have them, but it is still
a parent's responsibility to see to their children.  And there are very few
people I trust with something so precious as my boys. Don't get me wrong, I
am really sorry for what these kids went through,and I pray nothing like
this ever happens to mine or anyone I know.

Maybe I just think differently, but I know where my kids are, and it is not
spending the night at a single man's house.

Elspeth