[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Sun May 13 07:33:54 PDT 2007

My wife is a nurse- she was just fingerprinted and mug shot
I am a teacher- soon my fingerprints will be on file
We are both foster parents thru Texas CPS- our whole past has been  inspected
I work with the Cub Scouts- inspected again
My wife teaches Sunday school- background check again

Now if we were to volunteeer to work with kids in the SCA- one more check ?
NO PROBLEM
It seems the only people who would object to background checks and mug  shots
and fingerprinting are those who have something to hide.  We live in  a
litigation society with everybody looking for the deep pockets to pay for the  new
house inside the gated community and to buy that new Hummer.  In the  past a
person was considered innocent until proven guilty- today you are guilty  until
proven innocent.
Sorry if I ramble but this story pushed so many buttons on many different
levels.
Where were the parents? What responibility do they play in this tragedy?  Has
common sense completely broken down and been replaced with " It's not my
fault I was stupid- but some one is going to pay".
The SCA was once isolated from these mundane problems? No way, they  have
always been there, lurking just under the cover of decency.  The  real problem is
that the politicians and the ACLU consider child abuse an  illness instead of
a crime. Every time I see one of these stories, I feel like I  want to find a
rope and a large tree for the violators of our innocents.
I'm going back to bed- by the way " HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" to all the SCA moms-
watch your kids- never take your eyes off of them. Guard them close and
provide  them with knifes and good information when at events.
Bors of Lothian
Baron Loch  Soillier
Malleus et Deus