[Ansteorra] Bad things

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 07:12:09 PDT 2007

First of all, the background check and caring for my own child are two
separate issues.

I don't want a background check because I don't want to even be eligible
to watch out for other people's children on SCA time. I am neither drawn
towards, or enthusiastic about children's education/activity from a
supervisory standpoint. I think children's activities are a great thing,
I just know I'm not cut out to teach them, at least not now. If I get
"certified" by the society to do that, then I worry that their will be
pressure to supervise a class when their are no other qualified people
around.

And secondly, their is a world of difference between volunteering to
help a children's activity and supervising my own child.
Don't confuse those two points.

As it stand right now, My events are universally full. I don't have
enough time to do everyone that I want, and half of the time I have is
usually taken watching my own son or doing road/site heraldry--or both.

My point is that I don't want my comments being devalued because I don't
want to have a backgrounds check or to actually teach a children's class
myself.

Ivo