[Ansteorra] Fw: MSKD XV

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Tue May 22 20:31:44 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lord Regné" <lordregne at silverheart.net>

On behalf of the Shire of Smythkepe I would like to thank everyone who came
to Gleann Abhann Crown List.  It was our pleasure to be of service to the
Crown and populace of the Kingdom.  If you enjoyed our hospitality, why not
enjoy it again at MSKD XV?

Mid Summer Knight's Dream will be Labor Day weekend (August 31-Sept 3).  Our
theme this year is The Great Siege of Malta.  This year, we are taking a big
step and putting this event on as a war.  But, we need your help.  After
all, a war just isn't the same without people to participate in it.  And,
there are warpoints for virtually everything!

Here are just a few of the things we're planning:

Obviously, we have a full schedule of fighting for both armored and rapier
combatants, as well as archery.  Our marshals have some exciting scenarios
planned that you won't want to miss.

We're working on siege artillery.  Perhaps you have a design you've been
wanting to try, or a finished model sitting in the garage?  Bring it out and
show everyone your skill, and win a warpoint for your side.

A&S competition for items and research relating to siegecraft.  A miniature
trebuchet, items to make life easier during a siege, research on historical
sieges.  You guessed it: warpoint.

Did you enjoy siege cooking last year?  It's back!  I was amazed at the
entries last year.  This year, Cast Iron Chef will be a little different.
The competition will serve as the feast, the populace will help with the
judging, and it will be for a war point!  Details will be published soon.
Even if you're not going to compete, you won't want to miss it.  If the
entries are anything like they were last year, the feast will be
outstanding!

Our Class Steward has a full line up of some very interesting classes. We're
even working on having a falconry class.

We hope to have Youth Combat.  And guess what, kids?  You'll be fighting for
a warpoint.

There will be a contest for the best period encampment.  And what a
surprise:  there's a warpoint for it.

That's just a little of what we have in store for you.  We hope you will
join us in Smythkepe this Summer and let us share our hospitality with you
yet again!  We'll have details on our website soon.

Any questions, comments or suggestions may be directed to THL Honorable
Regné de Lyon  lordregne (at) silverheart.net or THL Frederick Alton
fzeiler (at) ar-digit.net

In Service,

Le Seigneur Honorable Regné de Lyon, MOB, CAR, GACR