[Ansteorra] SCA Vocabulary

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 00:21:17 PST 2007

Past discussions have yielded several reasons:

1 People like the terms and use them because they are "traditional"

2 Many people don't know they are not period terms...
often when given the period appropriate terms... they switch

L DeerSlayer

Chelsea Durham <baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps the reason the words autocrat and feastocrat etc are still around is because you can easily use them as verbs. It's much easier to say "I'm going to autocrat that event" than to say "I'm going to event steward that event." It works but sounds weird. You can also say "autocratting" or "feastocratting" as opposed to "event stewarding" or "feast stewarding" Again, they work, but sound weird. Just a thought! I'm also tired and been immersed in samurai books for two hours. =P

-Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
None is deceived but he who trusts too much.