[Ansteorra] Back to Ducal Prerogative

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 19:03:03 PST 2007

The song "Rising of the Star" tells us of Sir Dinar, "who won the fourteenth crown when Duke Lloyd and Duke Inman yielded in the final round." This was before my time, but I have always imagined it as two dukes recognizing the worthiness of a knight and exercising their ducal prerogative to bend the knee and acknowledge him as their future king. Is this what happened, or what? Can someone fill in a bit of Ansteorran history?
Paedric