[Ansteorra] Governance (was: re: Ducal Perogative)

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Nov 12 10:03:55 PST 2007

I would say that the quality of our kingdom administration has a lot to
do with the small number of constituents, the fact that most have direct
access to the policy makers (remember, we are talking on a kingdom
level, not corporate), and a very large percentage of the populace is
interested and involved.

I know the following is a bit off topic but I suspect your main
comparison point may be the current US government. A US representative
currently represents almost 700,000 people which makes them rather
inaccessible. The number of a senator's constituents varies from state
to state but on average is about 6 million. Is it any wonder they seem
disconnected from the people they represent?

Christian Dore'