[Ansteorra] Gong Farmer

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Mon Nov 12 16:59:46 PST 2007

Many Asian cultures used, and still use, composted human waste as fertilizer.  We frown on that here not only for esthetic reasons but because if the compost pile isn't hot enough to kill all the pathogens, and they rarely are, it can spread disease.  But when land is at a premium and the alternative to possibly spreading disease is certainly starving to death, you use whatever is at hand.  In fact, I read, and I cannot remember where, that peasents tried to wait and deposit solid waste in their home privies to use on their gardens instead of using the war lord's privie which was used on his garden.

Lady Stephanie Lilburn
(certified master gardener in Hunt County)
aka Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
Hunt County, Texas
Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
K5AMK

-- "Richard Threlkeld" <rjt at softwareinnovation.com> wrote:
Perhaps that was a reference to pig farming?
Caelin