[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Ring belts vs Buckles

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 07:00:03 PST 2007

I  have interspersed my answers in caps so that you can tell what I am  answering.  I am NOT yelling or anything of the sort.

  __________________________

It'd be best if she could put or direct us to pics of the items
or catalogue numbers...that she states were examples of ring belts...

We can speculate all day long... without them and never know...

I don't know if these were actual items.... or recreations...
or even if they appeared to be true "rings" if there wasn't
further evidence found and just not revised in the catalogue
or in other literature...

I'd like the information on the items...
so I can write people who have examined them and see what the deal is...

  I WILL DO MY BEST TO LOCATE INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET ON THE RING  BELTS.  I DON'T RECALL OFF-HAND WHETHER THESE WERE RE-RECREATIONS  OR NOT, BUT MY MEMORY SAYS NOT.  I WILL DOUBLE CHECK IF I CAN FIND  A LINK TO THE SPECIFIC EXHIBIT I WILL POST IT.

This subject is actually a large bone of controversy in several
groups of people... and is not going to be solved by one person
with no credentials posting it on an SCA kingdom e-list...

  I AM NOT CERTAIN WHAT "CREDENTIALS" YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.   CERTAINLY MILORD HUSBAND HAS SOME -- AFTER ALL HE IS A LAUREL AND AFTER  LOOKING AT THE LAUREL'S LIST, OUT OF ALL OF THEM, THERE ARE ONLY 15  THAT HAVE BEEN LAURELS LONGER THAN HE HAS.  SO EXCUSE MY POOR  CREDENTIALS AND I'LL LET HIS STAND FOR WHAT THEY ARE.

Words on e-mail are nothing without backup documentation...

I'M  SO SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY.  I KNOW WHAT I OBSERVED, WHERE I WAS  WHEN I SAW IT AND I MERELY INTERJECTED MY  OBSERVATIONS INTO THE  DISCUSSION.  I'M SORRY YOU DON'T THINK I'M TELLING YOU THE  TRUTH.  BUT,  I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIND THE "DOCUMENTATION"  YOU SO EAGERLY SEEK.

  So... Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde please provide more information...

  I''LL DO MY BEST.  GIVE ME A LITTLE TIME TO SEE IF THE MUSEUM HAS  A WEBSITE AND CAN LIST THE ITEMS.  I'LL ALSO SEE IF MASTER MICHAEL  CAN LOCATE THE PHOTOGRAPH WE TOOK AND POST IT FOR YOU TO LOOK AT FOR  YOURSELF.

  BTW, THERE WERE NO HOLES IN THE BELT FOR A TANG.  I REPEAT, IT WAS  A REAL RING BELT AND NOT A BELT WHERE THE BUCKLE HAD LOST ITS TANG.
L DeerSlayer

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde leanbh a Úna
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
V-Scribe Canton of Skorragardr
Deputy Northern Regional Scribe
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock