[Ansteorra] Legalities of pokie things

Robert Brown texas_roberttash at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 21:31:09 PST 2007

I know we have some lawyers out there...

     On Halloween (SCA Garb doubles nicely as a quick
costume) I had forgone a sword in favor of a simple
dagger for functionality.  I got into a discussion
with our security officer at work about whether or not
it was legal.  I seem to remember being told when I
first joined the SCA something along the lines that
since we were considered amateur historians, it was
not illegal for us to carry swords, maces, etc.
     Does anyone KNOW the exact legalities?  I've
heard the same from everyone, however. as I will one
day tell my daughter "everyone" is not always right.

Gorm