[Ansteorra] Glaslen SPAM

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:06:36 PST 2007

Good gentles;

I must say that I am extremely disappointed in what I am seeing here. We have a small canton that is having an event this weekend and has been gracious enough to invite us all to participate. They are most urgent that we take advantage of their hospitality and are eager to make us at home. In this, the holiday season, we should be thankful that our friends in Glaslyn are so willing to make each and every one of us part of their family.

There are far more evils in this world than to worry about the number of emails that we get on a single subject these days. I am on three different lists that are all getting emails from Colleen and her Glaslyn family. Thank you, dear for your kind invitations, but we will be out of town this weekend. I was planning on attending until my mother-in-law asked us to join her for dinner on that day. As we will be traveling three hours in the opposite direction, I don't think that we will be able to make it.

As for those that are irritated....step back, take a deep breath, and hit the bloody delete button for crying out loud. Your shouting and rudeness offends me and many others who strive to live a more gracious life in the SCA than we find in our mundane world.

Having been taught in the last year what one should truly be grateful for, I am extremely thankful for my SCA friends and family, my beloved husband, my son and stepson who live far away. I am mindful that each day could be the last we see each other and that trivial things such as multiple emails are such small things that they don't deserve the energy spent fretting on them. Hug each other and be mindful of your blessings. They deserve your energy, your time, and your love.

God's blessings on you all as you travel and spend this holiday with those you love.

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Well-behaved women rarely make history.