[Ansteorra] CROWN HEIRS-STUPID QUESTION

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 8 21:51:09 PST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 11:35 PM, Brian O'hUilliam wrote:

>    Not a stupid question m'lady- it is, in fact, a reasonable one that
> deserves an answer and an explanation.
>    Kingdom Law states that Crown Tourney must be re fought.
> Therefore, just
> appointing the runner-up as Heir would be in violation of the law.
> Or, look
> at it this way: What if one of the fighters that the winner of
> Crown Tourney
> defeated earlier in the list could have beaten the person who came in
> second?  They would have won Crown Tourney if the person who had to
> step
> down down had not entered the list and now, they have, essentially,
> had the
> Crown taken away from them.

So, how is this different from a Duke entering Crown list and then
deliberately withdrawing after defeating an individual or individuals
they didn't like or didn't think should be King?  For that matter, I
guess any one can do that, but for Dukes this is okay, while for
others it is supposed to be a dishonor.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas