[Ansteorra] CROWN HEIRS-VALID QUESTION

Haraldr Bassi (Ansteorra lists) ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Fri Nov 9 10:39:39 PST 2007

The Corpora of the Society already has specific steps listed in it in
the event that one or both heirs are unable to step up to the throne or
need to step down in mid reign without current heirs. I don't know that
additional law at the Kingdom level is really needed as kingdom law is
defined as below Society Corpora in the precedence of laws and Corpora
seems to be very thorough on all of the possibilities. Kingdom law is
allowed to be more, but not less, restrictive so we couldn't eliminate
the requirement that Crown is required to be announced in advance in the
kingdom newsletter.

What is allowing the new crown list to be fought so quickly after the
heirs needed to step down was our proviso that the King's Word is Law
coupled with the one time mailing to the people of Ansteorra. Without
those, the Crown list would have needed to be scheduled in the Black
Star before it could be fought, as it is one of the events required by
Corpora to be published in advance in the kingdom newsletter. Some
kingdoms have additional requirements that all entrants of the list
provide a written letter of intent 30+ days before the Crown Tourney,
which could have delayed things even further had it happened elsewhere.

Haraldr