[Ansteorra] New but related question

Chiara Francesca chiara.francesca at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:51:51 PST 2007

From: http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Jan2006_Ansteorra_Law2.pdf
ANSTEORRAN KINGDOM LAW Article V : Events

Section 5 : Requirements for Entry into Crown Tournament

A. The Sovereign and Consort may not enter Crown Tournament during their
reign.
B. The Kingdom Seneschal or a representative will verify proof of membership
at or before Crown Tournament using a roster of paid members for every
entrant and consort.
C. Any competitor in Crown Tournament must make known to the Crown the
identity of his or her prospective consort.
D. Consorts may bestow their favor to only a single entrant in Crown
Tournament.
E. At the pleasure of the Crown, any person entering Crown Tournament as a
fighter or consort must:
1. Be acceptable to the Crown.
2. Be paid members of the SCA with access to the kingdom newsletter.
3. Be of legal age in the state in which he or she resides.
4. Have lived within the boundaries of the kingdom for the previous calendar
year.
5. Have served in an administrative office of the SCA, or its equivalent,
for at least a total of one year.
6. Be able to exhibit a good working knowledge of SCA structure, kingdom
structure, the powers and responsibilities of the Crown, and other major
kingdom offices as defined in Corpora and Kingdom Law.
7. Display a demeanor and appearance suitable to being a Sovereign or
Consort.
8. Bear the favor of a person of the opposite gender as potential consort.
9. Have sufficient income to support the office of the Crown.
10. Have a means of rapid and regular communication.
11. Have a dependable means of transportation.
12. Give sufficient assurance that he or she will remain in the kingdom for
the next nine months.
F. In addition, any person entering Crown Tournament as a combatant must
have:
1. At least one year's fighting experience.
2. A member of the Chivalry who will speak for him or her prior to the Crown
Lists.
3. A current fighter authorization.
G. Combatants who are on probation or suspension with the marshallate cannot
compete in Crown Tournament without the express permission of the Crown.
H. Any fighter entering Crown Tournament must swear the following oath in
the presence of the Crown of Ansteorra:

"I do declare my intent to compete in the Crown Tournament of Ansteorra. I
do swear that a gentle person has granted me favor and agreed to rule with
me should I win. We do meet all requirements for assuming the Crown, as set
forth in the Laws of Ansteorra. I swear, for myself and my consort, that
should I win the Crown Tournament of Ansteorra, we will rule justly and to
the utmost of our abilities, sparing no effort to fulfill our duties as King
and Queen of Ansteorra. All these things I do swear by my honor."
I. Any person entering Crown Tournament who willfully and deliberately
falsifies their qualifications under these laws forfeits their right to
participate in that Crown Tournament
.

Chiara Francesca