[Ansteorra] SCA Vocabulary

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 11 12:28:55 PST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Troop0341 at aol.com wrote:

> "P.S. Someday it might be fun to do a re-creation event in  which we
> re-create the early SCA -- freon can helms, carpet armor, sneering
> at  fencers, not
> letting ladies fight on the Erik, etc."
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay  Rudin
>
> "If by fun you mean seeing a rebellion of lady fighters  coming at
> you armed
> to the
> teeth, then sure, that might be fun. =)"
> -Lady  Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
>
> As for sneering at  fencers...  Just how does one sneer at one's
> self??? (As
> I know there are  those out there that started heavy and went light
> in their
> "mature"  years...)  :)
> Iain MacKay

Well, yes. With their excessive pride, strutting and peacockery, I
guess that sneering at one's self would be difficult for the rapier
fighters. :-)

But then since Don Robin has attempted to doing this fencing thing, I
assume he thought of that when he was making his original statement.

Stefan
(and since I seem to be getting mis-interpreted here lately, this is
meant to be a joke. Your mileage may very, etc, etc.)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com