[Ansteorra] Ring belts vs buckles

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 06:44:45 PST 2007

Were they truely "ring" belts...
or had they just lost their tang?

L DeerSlayer

They  were truly ring belts.  They were NOT buckles that had lost their  tang.  Not at all.  We saw one that we could walk right up  to, touch and observe quite closely.  It was indeed a ring belt  with the knot to hold the belt in place.  It was on a woman's  Viking dress which also had beautiful wool trim and wonderful  broaches.  As I said before, thought, the belt was very narrow  compared to what I usually see in the SCA.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde leanbh a Úna
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra
V-Scribe Canton of Skorragardr
Deputy Northern Regional Scribe
Member of Clann Lochlan
Member of Clann Haddock