[Ansteorra] Glaslyn Artisan - Annoying Threads

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 21:20:38 PST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Rose & Chad wrote:

> Hmm... It had not occurred to me to clip it, as it helps me to be
> able to review the thread from the beginning without having to
> return to old e-mails that would otherwise be deleted. (And not
> clutter my inbox.)

While that has its benefits, it mainly helps you from cluttering up
your own mailbox. When you send the whole thing back out to the list
with extra material you are cluttering up many, many more mailboxes.
And for the folks who get this mailing list in digest form, they
can't even simply hit 'delete' and make the unwanted material disappear.

>   For instance, someone who read the subject line and then a
> message that simply said, 'Yes, I agree.' would not know if I
> agreed to the beginning of the event advertisement (about being
> tired of turkey and shopping), with the repeat/slam annoyance e-
> mail, or with the trailing reply e-mail, esp. when multiple e-mails
> with the same subject line sometimes get dumped in the bulk or junk
> area to due to strict spam filters.

Lol. I think your example does a very good job of supporting the ...
opposite point of view than you were making. If you clip out all of
the message except that part you agree with then it *is* easier for
folks to know what you are agreeing with, and deleting unnecessary
material.

>   However, if this is a prevailing view, I certainly would not mind
> clipping the bits that aren't neccesary to understand the thread...
> What does everyone think?

Please do clip. Especially those extra tags which get attached at the

One of these:
Ansteorra mailing list
Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org