[Ansteorra] SCA vocabulary story

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 22 00:19:01 PST 2007

A little while ago there was a discussion on this list about using
made-up SCA words such as troll and feastocrat, autocrat and
nastycrat compared to other more historical terms such as gate,
headcook, event steward and gong farmer. In looking for something
else I found this message which will eventually end up in the SCA-
STORIES section of the Florilegium, but has yet to get there. I
thought some of you might find it an amusing story about SCA
vocabulary and perhaps a reminder to be aware of what terms are used
in other parts of the Known World, whether you like the use of those
particular terms or not.

Stefan

======